Thursday, May 26, 2016

r/SquaredCircle Exchange!

Ever since Vince introduced me to Reddit and the /r/SquaredCircle, I grew to be a somewhat active "wredditor" in the subreddit. I really enjoy reading the random conversations and observations, although my comment history shows that I fervently defend Ambrose most of the time. They announced that they were going to do their 2nd annual gift exchange. This is where wredditors are randomly matched to gift and be gifted. I signed up because I was eager to participate in such a community event. I was matched with a giftee who liked women wrestlers and... Wrestlepalooza? I messaged him to see if he was open to getting indie stuff like ROH or PWG and he said he was interested in PWG. So I set out to get 3 gifts for him, based on his gift preferences.

I got him a "Queen of Hug Style" XXL shirt from Red Bubble and a PWG "Eleven" DVD (which features Candice LeRae's most talked about match). I wanted to get him an official 8x10 print of Becky Lynch or Bayley, however, I saw that those kind of prints are more valuable if they were autographed by them. I decided to send him artwork instead.

I made a simple looking "NXT 4 Horsewoman" artwork done in Illustrator. Looking back on it now, I'm actually not happy that I don't have Charlotte and Bayley doing their signature pose with their arms and hands. I had Sasha and Becky pose with their hands because they looked quite plain without it. I think I might go back and revise it at some point :/

I'll update the post when my giftee posts the pics after receiving the package (which I stupidly forgot to do on my end before mailing it out) and when I get my gift from my Santa, who alerted me via Twitter that he sent it out last week. It's almost a week and I'm getting impatient. I mean my Santa lives in California, it shouldn't take a week to mail something right??

-----

Cool! Derek got my gift today via USPS!



And I just got my gift from Santa, Joey!


Personally, I was a little sad that I didn't get Kevin Owens figure or a Becky shirt but I was incredibly glad I got The Shield blu-ray :D The other stuff was an Undertaker comic, a DVD about British Pro Wrestling, and an autobiography book written by The Dynamite Kid. He took a while to ship the stuff to me but I'm glad I got it before the deadline.

No comments:

Post a Comment