Monday, December 7, 2015

Happy Dirty Thirty Deanee


First off, it's Jonathan Good Dean Ambrose's 30th Birthday. This is a wrestler who was once part of the mysterious heel stable called The Shield, who made their debut in November 2012. He looked liked a normal guy with slicked back hair compared to the half-blonde Seth Rollins and the silent and stoic Roman Reigns. Vince showed me one of Jon Moxley's promos from 2009 and I was just floored, I couldn't believe this kind of guy was now in WWE. This was also a time when I was just a casual fan of wrestling, so I didn't know a thing about "the indies", WWE's developmental system (then called FCW, now called NXT), and the reason for their name to change once they signed on.

Ambrose was always interesting to watch on screen and I couldn't understand why at first. He didn't really share any similarities to my previous favorite wrestlers at the time, who were unique (Batista), a rebel (CM Punk), and an underdog (Daniel Bryan). And then I realized why I was starting to like him; Ambrose was charismatic. So goddamn charismatic. It was enough to make me a fan girl again. The last time I was a fan girl, it was for David Tennant, which was cut short after he left Doctor Who. I admire the guy and his work, which, sadly, I can't say the same for my first celebrity crush Jim Carrey.

Last year, Vince and I went to WWE RAW on August 18, our first WWE show in 4 years. Seeing the wrestlers in the ring is such an awesome experience and seeing your favorite wrestler performing live is just as incredible. I've also met Ambrose not once but twice this year. And there's something weirdly surreal to be a fan of someone who's nearly the same age as you. I'm actually a year older than Ambrose! This level of fandom is currently annoying Vince and I feel this might last longer due to how more immersed I've become in pro-wrestling. I have since gained admiration for other WWE wrestlers as of recent, such as Kevin Owens, Cesaro, Sami Zayn, Becky Lynch, Sasha Banks, Bayley, etc, but Ambrose remains as my reason to stick with WWE.

----------


On a side note, can I just say how awesome this is for Renee Young to do? Ever since she confirmed that she and Ambrose have been dating, she has been the subject of ridiculous and stupid comments from jealous Ambrose fangirls. These girls refuse to believe they are dating and that their fans are only "shipping" them, all because Ambrose didn't claim her. And even when he finally did, they still attack Renee for doing this for attention! Ambrose stays off social media because he's a private person and he has a small circle of people he trusts. Renee posting this pic means they're acknowledging their relationship again, which is really sweet. It's already causing Tumblr to lose their shit (I'm on the side that's happy for them).

On another side note, WWE is not shying away in acknowledging their 2nd biggest babyface's birthday. They have a section on their homepage that links to a video playlist of his craziest moments, he's leading in a silly poll on which wrestler would do great in ECW, and WWE Studios wished Dean Happy Birthday (his movie is coming out on DVD/Blu-Ray on 12/22). I'm wondering if they'll acknowledge it on RAW tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment