Tuesday, August 18, 2015

I'm such a dork (updated)



I was doing my usual tag lurking on Tumblr when I noticed a post from GameStop promoting their Expo 2015 that's happening 2 weeks from now at the Sands Expo. I actually got an email about this last week but I ignored it, just like what I was going to do with this post. That is, until I noticed a 2K16 pic of Dean Ambrose included in the post and the following text:

- Seven-time NBA champion Robert Horry and WWE superstar Dean Ambrose will be posing for photos and signing autographs in the 2K booth.

The press release for the guests came out today, so it was probably too early to mention it in the email. So, like a dork, I immediately bought a ticket for the event. I asked Vince if he wanted to go and he wasn't interested. Guess I'll be going by myself.

Why buy a ticket for an event that I wasn't interested in?

Long answer: We passed on going to EVO at Bally's a while back, so this was the only other video game convention that's being held in Vegas. It's not really a major event like E3, especially since it's coming from a retailer famous for taking pre-orders and allowing customers to trade everything for store credit. However, it will be another new experience for me since the last video game convention I went to was the Sony Playstation Experience last year. This is probably the last convention I'll be attending this year until CES in January 2016.

Short answer: Dean Ambrose.

I didn't tell him the real reason why I wanted to go because I know once I tell him, I'll never hear the end of it. I'm pretty sure it annoys Vince when I get into fangirl mode. So I'll probably just casually mention it to him afterwards :D

Well, that didn't take long for me to spill the beans. As expected, Vince got annoyed and said it was pretty sad and pathetic that I was being a "Tumblr girl." All I can respond to that is just, "eh," and shrug. Whatever reason I come up with will just draw more derision from him. I'm just gonna make it a point not to mention or get overzealous about Ambrose around him.


 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

No comments:

Post a Comment