Monday, June 22, 2015

No good-byes, just "see ya later"

Vince and I went to South Point for the Amazing Las Vegas Comic Con in the morning. The first thing we did was get in line for our 11 am photo with John Barrowman. Unlike the first LVCC, where we had our picture taken with Stan Lee, I had no option to pay extra for a digital copy or another print. This new photography studio used a very small area for the pictures and the backdrop was neutral and wrinkled. Still, we were pretty happy to see freakin Captain Jack Harkness/Malcolm Merlyn in person. Vince exclaimed, "Oh wow, you're more handsome in person!" as John hugged us pretty tight for the photo.

A photo posted by sheila antonio (@sajcfan) on

They said the photo would be ready in an hour, so we decided to hit the exhibit floor. It looked really crowded but it also felt weirdly smaller. There wasn't a lot of good exhibitors out there and artist alley was somewhat disappointing. It was almost on par with the Wizard World Las Vegas Con, where the guests were the big highlights. The only thing I bought was this laser-cut Totoro totem from artist alley. His booth was full of laser-cut jewelry and prints that resembled paper cutouts (sorry, I forgot the artists' name!)

A photo posted by sheila antonio (@sajcfan) on

I met a few of my coworkers and we also ran into Anthony (who was running the Maximum Comics booth), Christian and Vienna, and Andrew and Joanna. I didn't get to see Erika and Lawrence til an hour later after our meetup time. Turns out we actually missed them on the exhibit floor! We all introduced each other, Erika talked about how Guam is now (which didn't convince Vince), and we took some pics before deciding we were done. Erika and I decided to meet up later in the afternoon at Fashion Show Mall for the Hello Kitty Cafe Truck. Vince was not happy waiting in line in the blistering 100 degree weather with me.

A photo posted by sheila antonio (@sajcfan) on

A photo posted by sheila antonio (@sajcfan) on

Erika, Lawrence, and her cousin, Lorrie, made it so I had to lead them back to the where the truck was (Vince sat in the couch right outside of the Disney store to cool down). They bought the cakes, donuts, macaroons, and the lemonade and got a free tote bag. They also took a lot of pics in front of the truck! We went inside and talked some more. Erika said she was glad to have met Vince and said he's a keeper. And I said after 11 years, I would think so too. I showed Erika my old Guam ID and driver's license that I found the other night. I told them I couldn't join them for the rest of the night since Vince and I had grocery shopping to do. I asked to have one last photo taken with my phone since I was horrible at taking selfies.



So that was pretty much our weekend. We didn't go out on Sunday because it was freakin' hot. We just cooked Mechado and I made a quick fro-yo run to end our Lazy Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment