Friday, April 15, 2016

Personal Post

I haven't done these in a while and for once, it's going to be positive!

So after the whole thing with Vince's job situation, he ended up getting his job back at his previous job (the same one where he was basically furloughed) and is happily quite busy again. As for me, I'm still here at my same job. It didn't occur to me that I would be hitting my 4th year in November. It still feels like I left my previous job 2 years ago. Speaking of which, I got a call from my manager, Alex, out of the blue. He was looking at laser cutting stuff and wanted to see if I was still working there. I should stop by and visit when I have some free time.

Anyways, job stuff aside, our interests has changed this year. Vince and I were hitting our stride with keeping up to date on comics books and breezing through graphic novels. Last year, we sadly had to give it up after Vince lost his job, so now we're left with 2 big box of unfinished comic book issues. We're also not that interested in comic book conventions anymore, at least for the time being. We skipped out on this year's Wizard World Las Vegas (Vince even skipped out on meeting Paige) and we'll probably skip out on the upcoming Amazing Las Vegas Comic Con in the summer. It was an expensive habit to get into and we were getting overwhelmed with trying to keep up with all the new series and storylines that were being churned out. Comics are out and pro-wrestling is in.

Back in February, Vince and I went to ROH's 14th Anniversary PPV at Sam's Town. I recently got Vince tickets for WWE's Money In The Bank PPV at the T-Mobile Arena in June as a birthday gift. And I just bought tickets for ROH's 2nd Vegas PPV, Death Before Dishonor, at Sam's Town in August. My interest in wrestling has gotten out of hand, to say the least. I've been through fandom phases before but not one as serious as this sicne Doctor Who. This is due to watching other promotions besides like ROH, NJPW, LU, etc. I'm still very much a WWE fan and I'm hoping my current favorites - Dean Ambrose, Kevin Owens, Cesaro, Sami Zayn, and AJ Styles - will have a good year now that the Authority vs Reigns storyline has finally ended.

Right now, our plans for the end on the year are up in the air because we're in the middle of looking at houses. Our contract for our apartment is ending soon and we hate that it's been steadily going up every year. Getting a house means we can finally get a Corgi! Priorities man...


No comments:

Post a Comment