Monday, March 7, 2016

Weekend Recap (3/4/16 - 3/6/16)

Friday (3/4):

  • Vince finally got a reason to upgrade his phone. He accidentally dropped a dumbbell on his phone so it's shot.
  • We ate Lola's Louisiana Kitchen. We liked eating here the first time and the second time was somewhat disappointing. We're not going to eat here for a while.
  • Dan got us to play Nostalrius, which is World of Warcraft at its most infant and vanilla stage. We wanted to play Diablo III but Blizzard was down. 
Saturday (3/5):

  • We watched "Zootopia." That was a super fun and smart movie. It actually touched upon racial and social political issues and their characters were great. It broke so many stereotypes and was a bit fourth-wall breaking.
  • We went to Verizon to look for phones. Vince was thinking of getting the Samsung Galaxy S7 but I told him not to hastily buy a phone he didn't look into when he was set on getting the Google Nexus. So that's what he did.
  • Went to Seafood City to buy ingredients to make Beef Nilaga.
  • I wasn't feeling well the rest of the day so I took a nap, woke up to be a sous chef for Vince, had dinner, and watched Vince play Destiny til I passed out on the couch.

Sunday (3/6):

  • Went to Vince's parent's place for lunch. I got a copy of Turbo Tax to do my taxes. Vince was parental tech support.
  • Went to Wal-Mart to buy a few things. I saw Kevin Owens and Bayley figure but I didn't buy it. I'm secretly waiting for a Becky Lynch figure.
  • Went to Costco to do more grocery shopping.
  • The Walking Dead was pretty good but it's putting off the appearance of Negan dammit
  • Watched ROH where Lio Rush is the new top prospect and the main event saw Dalton Castle losing to Christopher Daniels. It looks like they won't air the ROH 14th Anniversary episodes til the end of March or early April.

What to expect for Monday Night RAW:

After last week's super disappointing leap day episode of RAW (save for Ambrose and HHH's segments), it looks like tonight is going to be super exciting with the return of Shane O Mac, The New Day defending their title against Y2AJ, 3 of the NXT Horsewoman are now in a Wrestlemania match, and most importantly, no Roman Reigns. On top of that, it's taking place in Chicago, one of the smarkiest wrestling cities, and hometown to a certain former Best In The World wrestler who pegged the infamous phrase, "Make Roman look strong."

Speaking of Reigns, I think I've reached a point where I don't hate his character, just his booking (again). I still think it's bad timing for him to be absent while Ambrose fights in his place against HHH. On one hand, it's protecting Reigns from the continuous poor reaction from the fans. On the other hand, this is getting Ambrose even more fan support in Reigns' absence. He's returning for tomorrow's Smack Down, where the crowd is a lot nicer to him. I can't imagine how his character will look for the next 4 weeks whereas Ambrose is on fire right now.

And speaking of Ambrose, even though he teased that he might win the WHC title from HHH and screw everything up, I don't fully expect him to win at Roadblock. After what happened at Fastlane, where everyone was hoping to see Ambrose win the contendership, I'm trying to keep my expectations (and hopes) low.

No comments:

Post a Comment