Friday, October 16, 2015

Personal post

A photo posted by sheila antonio (@sajcfan) on

Wednesday night, I was suddenly hit with excruciating belly pain after I came home from work. I tried laying in bed for an hour, putting a pillow on my tummy, eating through the pain (it's cow tongue, I ain't passing that up), and even took some Advil. The pain was there but it was like rolling. It got to a point where I couldn't sleep. Vince then took me to Mountain View hospital around 3:45 am.

On a pain scale of 0-10 (to being the highest), I went with 10. It was hard to move around and walk. I had to get my blood drawn, which is not good because I'm deathly scared of needles. So I had to shut my eyes and deal with the horrible belly pain on top of getting this weird tubey thing sticking out of my arm.

Then the stupidest thing happened when I was waiting on a chair before going into the room: The pain went away. Immediately. I was so damn scared of the needle that my pain vanished.

I was subjected to an EKG and an ultrasound. The nurse said that they needed a urine sample from me (which was bad timing because I went before we got to the hospital) and they won't release me until I did. My blood pressure was low so I had to be put on an IV drip. Actually, my blood pressure was low because I was fucking scared of the needle. Even the nurse said it was just a little below average but the doctor said I needed 2 giant saline bags. My arm was cold O_O

Vince stayed in the room with me for a few hours but I eventually told him that he could go home until I got released-- which was like 20 minutes later. My pain never returned so they chalked it up to acid reflux (even though the pain occurred way before I ate dinner) and they prescribed me some Prilosec. I called up Vince and we were home by 8:00 am. I already called in at work to let them know I won't be coming in.

Just when I thought we could catch up some sleep, our apartment manager knocked on the door to remind us that they are conducting fire alarm inspections (from 8:00 am - 2 pm). That alarm was SO loud and Vince forced himself to sleep through it somehow. After the testing was done, I went to sleep.

I spent the afternoon resting, eating normally (until I saw I was suppose to be on a liquid diet. Oops.), and catching up on shows. My pain never returned. I think it was probably serious menstrual cramps. Or, as I said jokingly to Vince, it was probably because he couldn't let me fart around him. Vince was pretty worried but I'm sure he was relieved that it never got worst. The only bad news I got was that I had a fatty liver.

I can't wait for the bill to show up in the mail.

No comments:

Post a Comment