Thursday, May 14, 2015

"Pikaboo"


I like art. What I like about it is that there are so many styles and directions an artist can take to make a piece. Take this commission of Pikachu I paid for by my coworker. He did it as a traditional watercolor piece and in his unique style, which he had to ask if I was ok with. I said I wouldn't have asked if I didn't like the style.

When I got the completed work, he wasn't sure what to charge me and sort of lowballed the cost. I was shocked and insisted on paying more than what he asked because it's an original piece. I suggested to charge a lower price for copies but go higher for original work. He did say he was starting out after all.

I know I could've asked him to make anything but I went with something simple; Pikachu with his goggles from Super Smash Bros. I've seen Pokemon fanart all the time and it's mostly cute, glossy, and shiny. Or it can be scarily realistic. This style was loose yet recognizeable; like you know it's Pikachu without it obviously looking like Pikachu. And I said to him that it looks very cute :D

Check out his stuff. It's seriously good!

http://arvenasaur.tumblr.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment